13 April 2006

More on Cycling...

Occasionally here, I will mention self-righteously about how we cyclists are an ignored lot in this land. I contrasted this with how things are in Amsterdam back in November (read the November archive).

There was a good article in the Guardian today by Matt Seaton about something insidious that could come into effect and put cyclists at a serious legal disadvantage when defending themselves against motorists who have caused an accident. It is something I was already aware of and indeed have written to my MP about. If you're at all interested in this subject do read Matt's article.

If you think we are complaining about nothing (or just want a laugh), then follow this link (which Matt provides in his article) to an amazing set of photos from the Warrington Cycle Campaign on unsuitable bicycle facilities. I particularly liked May 2005.

No comments: